Jensen’s Format Writing is concerned with developing expository writing skills for high school students. This type of writing exposes, puts forth, explains, reveals, or exhibits in detail about something. It has a purpose to inform, clarify, and perhaps even to persuade. Such writing may simply describe, or it may give a series of reasons. In any case, there is a fundamental point that is made. How that point is made may often determine whether the piece is accepted or rejected.
Students completing this course will learn valuable skills.
- the secret of cutting your work in half when it comes to writing a paper.
- how to order your presentation for its most powerful effect on the reader.
- a technique for getting the essence of what you read down on paper for future reference.
- how to stack up your ideas so that they flow together in a natural fashion.
- how to move ideas from sentence to sentence by following a simple rule.
- all about what and how to document your sources when doing research and writing.